Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Be wise you Rulers! – Psalm 2 – part 4
10 Therefore, you kings, be wise;
be warned, you rulers of the earth.
11 Serve the Lord with fear
and celebrate his rule with trembling.
12 Kiss his son, or he will be angry
and your way will lead to your destruction,
for his wrath can flare up in a moment.
Blessed are all who take refuge in him.
I do not know exactly what our government will look like tomorrow! I chose this Psalm for the last few weeks because of its Messianic nature: written around 1000BC, it looked forward to Christ’s coming and being made King. But here today, in the last verses, we have a clear call for those who are in authority.
It could be put this way: “You may be in power, but you had best submit to the Lord of all. It’s up to you, but ultimately he will call the shots.” Our God is “slow to anger, and abounding in love” and patience, but the Scriptures also teach that when He ultimately acts, He acts decisively.
As we celebrate the birth of Jesus the king, let us pray for our new government. Whatever their political persuasion, may they be submissive to the ways and rule of God: that submission will ultimately lead this nation into good places.
With much hope and blessing,
- Evangelists – Having lost the great evangelist Billy Graham in 2018, Reinhard Bonnke, another great evangelist died this last week. He funded and organised a “minus to Plus” booklet distribution to every home in the UK in the 1990s. May the Lord raise up more anointed Evangelists!
- Zambia Food Crisis – Zambia has now been added to the UN list of crisis level food shortages. As we learned at Devoted, Zambia has had a drought which is generally considered to be due to global warming to which we contribute. The ChristCentral churches there under Joseph who visited us last year are seeking to provide maize to support those who have nothing. We in Christ Central Shropshire are looking to provide the finances for them to support 1500 for the period until March when the current season crops will come through. At Hope, we will put all moneys placed in the offering box this Sunday or at the Carol Service towards this. If your brother is in need …
- Testimony – What has God been doing in your life in 2019? Would you like to encourage others by sharing a bit about this on Sunday 29th? Please let Roland know.
- Carols – Why not join us and the Methodists to sing Carols in the Woolpack at 7pm on Friday 13th and 7.45pm in the Pheasant (Admaston).
- Breakfast – It is the 3rd Sunday and so it is breakfast this Sunday!! Served from 9.30am.
- Christmas Party – Saturday 28th December from 6pm at the Wests. There are invitations available at Admaston House. Please let Sue know if you are coming.
- Christmas Carol Service – please use the magazines to invite people to the Carol Service on Sunday 22nd and/or share our invite on Facebook.
– Let’s pray for our new government and for peace and harmony in our land.
– Let’s pray for each one on our prayer diaries.