Dear Hope family,
Thought for the Week
Jesus cares for you
Matthew 11v28 “Come to me you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.”
What most plays on your mind? Maybe it is your family, your finances, your situation, your work, your health or a loved one in difficulty.
When the disciples are in the storm they say to Jesus, “Don’t you care if we drown?”(Mark4v38). Do you sometimes feel like that towards God? Jesus intervened by calming the storm. Maybe you feel that was OK for the disciples then, but me … now… ? But Jesus said to his disciples “Let these little children come to me for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.” (Matthew 19v14) Those who feel insignificant and maybe are considered insignificant by the world are significant to Jesus. Each one is precious in his sight.
And so you can be assured: Jesus cares for you. And when he says “come to me”, he means you. And the rest he offers is not so much “doing nothing”, but he offers a yoke – a yoke combined the power of two oxen – and in this case Jesus is the other half of the team! If Jesus is working with you and you are working with Jesus, you can be at peace and not worry. For as the song says “He has the whole world in his hands,” and as Scripture says, “Nothing is impossible with God”.
May we each know the rest the Lord Jesus brings – a peace that transcends all understanding.
With love and blessing,
Re-gathering reminders –
- Invitation – You are welcome to invite people to our Sunday morning gathering.
- Bring – Facemask, (and optionally, water-bottle and Bible).
- Arrival – Please arrive between 10.15 and 10.25, wear facemask, sanitise hands and proceed to the meeting room to sit in households.
- Facemasks – Facemasks must now be worn while in the building.
- Toilets – If you use the toilet during the morning, please use the spray and paper towels to wipe the surfaces you touch afterwards.
- Exit – Please exit promptly to the grass area, taking all belongings, sanitising your hands and putting any rubbish in the bin. You may social distance with others and then exit through the gate.
Opportunities to serve –
- Children’s work – we would love to have additional people to help with the children’s work on a Sunday morning. Speak to Sue for more details.
- Cleaning and Setting Up/down – we are anticipating some of you would like to join the team for this. Speak to Tony for details.
The Chapels at PRH and RSH
- The Shrewsbury & Telford Hospital NHS Trust is reviewing the name of the Chapels to ensure that this provides an accurate reflection on the space which is available. The questionnaire can be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/SaTHChaplaincySurvey
Programme – If you would like to join any of our Zoom meetings, please contact email@example.com. Sunday morning worship is now live-streamed on both YouTube and Facebook from Admaston House at 10.30am.
Fri 14-Aug 2.30pm Alpha on Zoom (20’s)
Sun 16-Aug 10.30 Hope Worship @ Admaston and on YouTube and Facebook; 11.00 Hope Family time @ Admaston and on Zoom
Wed 19-Aug 8am Hope Community Prayer – on Zoom
Thu 20-Aug 7.30pm St Cs Ladies’ Group – on Zoom
- For our church family
- For the increasing freedom we are able to experience.
- For the success of our A-level students in obtaining places at University.
- The Holy Spirit’s anointing on our gathering together.
- For the 20’s Christianity Explored course currently running.
- Use our daily prayer guide and let’s pray for one another in this time of change.
Other general information
Pastoral care – If you are in isolation and need support (eg shopping), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange with the team of helpers.