Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Prayer on the “to-do-list”
Acts 4v24 “They raised their voices together in prayer to God ….”
Prayer can so easily be a low priority in our lives. There seem to be many other things more important: tasks which have something to show for them. And so it can get overlooked, forgotten or ignored. Maybe it doesn’t even make our “to-do-list”.
Yet, if we believe our God has all power and authority in this universe, then it seems most logical to go to him for the solutions to issues.
And, if we believe our God is a loving heavenly Father, then surely we will want to have conversation with him, and we will know that he answers our prayers out of both love and justice.
And, if we believe that knowing God is our ultimate goal and purpose, then we will see great purpose in simply being with him and knowing more of Him.
Thank you to each of you who are leading sections during our day of prayer this Sunday.
In Acts 4v24 we read “They raised their voices together in prayer to God…”, which hour slots are you able to join?
May we know more of the Lord this Sunday and may the Lord bring answer to our prayers,
With much blessing,
- Prayer Day – 23rd February – There is a timetable attached and will available in church on Sunday – please sign up where you can.
- Pancake Pandemonium – Tuesday 25th February at Admaston House. This has been a very well attended event in recent years. If you would like to help as families join in activities and share in a Bible story and songs, please let Sharon Johnson know on firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Socials – Our socials team led by Dan have launched a series of events over the coming months. The first is Friday 28th February – “Bring your own take away evening” with games from 6.30 – 9pm at Admaston House. It is both an opportunity for us to meet together and to invite our friends and families in too. Who are you going to invite?
– Leadership – please continue to pray for wisdom and insight as we move forward with eldership.
- Diary – please continue to pray for one another day by day using the prayer diary.
- Pray for our sister church “Barnabas” in Shrewsbury who have had their premises flooded this week and will be meeting elsewhere this Sunday.