Dear brothers and sisters in Christ,
Prayer on the “to-do-list”
Ephesians 1v17-18 “I keep asking that God … may give you the Spirit of wisdom and revelation so that you may know him better … and that you may know the hope to which he has called you.”
Some Christians celebrate Lent, others don’t. That’s fine. To be honest, I have never strongly jumped on board, but don’t let that stop you, and if Lent is about preparation for Easter and Eternity (ref J John), then I’m in: all year!
This verse seems to be the start of such preparation: we need to know what we are preparing for before we prepare. Is your goal to know God? Is it to fulfil his purpose? Imagine knowing God better and better each and every day. Imagine having a full understanding of the glorious hope and purpose which he has called you into. Is this what you seek? Well, this is what this prayer is asking for – a fantastic prayer to pray over yourself and over one another.
May the Lord bless you with a greater knowledge of Him and of his purpose for you,
With much blessing,
- Prayer Day – Thank you to all of you who participated in the prayer day. It was good to be together and we can go forward with confidence that God has heard our prayers.
- Pancake Pandemonium – Thank you too to all who contributed to this. Wonderful time to talk to various people from the community!
- Socials – Come and bring your friends and family this Friday 28th February – “Bring your own take away evening” with games from 6.30 – 9pm at Admaston House. Leaflet attached.
- Barnabas Church – Barnabas is a sister church in Christ Central Shropshire. The whole ground floor of the main building was flooded out again this last week. They are doing some preliminary clean up, though there is the threat of further flooding over the next days. There may be opportunity to offer support over the coming weeks in the clean up operation.
- Job Opportunity – The post of Cafe Manager for St Christopher’s cafe in Admaston House on a Friday is open. The deadline for applications is 19th March. The advert is attached for your interest or to pass on to someone else …
- Funtastic Church – Please note that Funtastic Church is not on this Sunday, but there is Hope Community Lunch at 1pm. See attached Funtastic Church flyer for details of next one on the morning of 29th March.
- Charlton School – Ruth Watkins (Schools/Youth worker for St Christopher’s) had a very good meeting at Charlton this week. Thank you for your prayers and to God for making a way. I will update you on plans Sunday morning.
– On the back of your prayer diary is some pointers for prayer for each other. The first is “pray for each to have a growing knowledge of God and his purposes”. Let’s ask God for this!