Dear Hope family,
Thought for the Week
The glorious gospel
2 Corinthians 4v5 “For what we preach is not ourselves, but Jesus Christ as Lord, and ourselves as your servants for Jesus’ sake..”
Next week is the Admaston Fun week. It is not taking its usual form in the big marquee, but will be on-line as the “Breakout Holiday Club” for about 30 minutes each morning. You can access the page here.
The point of this verse is that some of us may get very excited about what we do or even who we are. But the central theme of our message is not about what we do, but is that Jesus Christ is Lord. He is not just a man, but is the supreme being, the sovereign Lord, the one through whom all things were created and the one through whom all things will be wrapped up at the end. He is the one we will all ultimately bow down to. We are merely servants to those who are receiving the message.
The following verse says, “he made his light shine in our hearts to give us the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ”. You and I know the gospel in our hearts because God has shone it into our hearts. We are completely reliant on the goodness and grace of God.
Let’s pray that God in his grace would enlighten people’s hearts to the fact that Jesus Christ is Lord – your friends, neighbours, work colleagues – and those who will be joining in the on-line Holiday Club next week.
With love and blessing,
Programme – please contact email@example.com if you would like to join any of our meetings on Zoom. Sunday morning worship is live-streamed at 10.30am on: YouTube – in the Hope Community Church Admaston Songs channel; Facebook – on the Hope Community Church Admaston Page.
Fri 17-Jul 2.30pm Alpha on Zoom (20’s)
Sun 19-Jul 10am Hope Kids on Zoom with Emily; 10.30am Hope Worship on YouTube and Facebook; 11am Hope Family Time on Zoom; 7pm Roland & Sue’s Disciple Group on Zoom
Mon 20-Jul Holiday Club Online; 7.30pm Hope Community Prayer – on Zoom
Tue 21-Jul Holiday Club on-line
Wed 22-Jul 8am Hope Community Prayer – on Zoom; Holiday Club on-line; Scavenger Hunt
Thu 23-Jul Holiday Club on-line; 7.30pm Ladies Group
Fri 24-Jul Holiday Club on-line; 2.30pm Alpha on Zoom (20’s)
- For those who are listening into our Sunday morning worship who would not normally be with us.
- For our church community at this time.
- For the 20’s Alpha courses currently running.
- Breakout Holiday Club week – pray for Sharon Johnson and the team preparing for this special on-line Fun Week! Pray for great connections with the young families.
- The Persecuted church – You may have seen that the Sudan government made reforms last weekend which mean that people who convert to Christianity in Sudan are no longer subject to the death penalty. Let’s give thanks to God for the legal changes there and pray for more freedom and a change in the culture so that Christians are accepted.
Other general information
Pastoral Care – If you are in isolation and need support (eg shopping), please contact firstname.lastname@example.org who will arrange with the team of helpers.